Feeling adventurous? Perhaps youd like to try your hand at blending your favourite Twinings teas in the time-honored tradition of our master blenders. Or mix a new beverage to create a stir at your next big party. Or maybe give an old recipe a new twist with a splash of Earl Grey. Tap into your creativity with the following recipes and beverage ideas.
Fruit Tea Brack
Twinings Tea: Any Black Tea
- 10 oz. mixed dried fruit
- 3 oz. soft brown sugar
- grated rind 1/2 lemon
- 12 fl. oz. hot tea
- 8 oz. self raising wholewheat flour
- 4 oz. medium oatmeal
- 2 tsp. mixed spice
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 oz. chopped nuts for topping
- Heat the oven to 375° F, 190° C.
- Place the fruit, lemon rind, sugar, and tea into a bowl, and mix well. Leave to soak overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Stir in the flour, oatmeal, spice, baking powder and egg and stir well.
- Turn the mixture into a greased and base-lined 2 lb loaf tin and smooth top.
- Sprinkle the nuts over the top. Bake for 45-50 mins until well risen and firm to the touch.
- Turn out and cool on wire rack. Serve thinly sliced.