Making the perfect dish
Tea isn't just for sipping. Look beyond the cup, and you'll discover a host of new ideas to infuse your cooking with your favourite Twinings blends.
Breads & SconesFruit LoafFatless Tea BreadHoney Tea BreadFruit Tea BrackTea SconesBanana Tea Muffins
Entrees, Appetizers & SaladsDarjeeling Prunes In BaconIndian KidneysBrewed Lamb CasseroleRaw Fish Salad With Darjeeling Tea, MarinatedSteamed Savoury RiceCamomile and Chive MousseWild Rice Consomme With Earl GreyTea-Steeped Eggs
Sweets & DessertsTwinings Lady Grey CookiesTwinings Holiday Tea Shortbread CookiesFruit Berry MaltedBlackcurrant Tea MousseBlackcurrant Ice CreamEarl Grey Ice CreamEarl Grey CreamsMrs. Twining's Tea GelatineApricot Tea MousseTea Ice Cream
Blackcurrant Ice Cream
Twinings Tea: Blackcurrant Breeze
- 1.5 oz. Blackcurrant Breeze tea
- 2.5 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 2.5 oz. sugar
- .5 tsp. double cream
- 1/2 cup Blackcurrant jam
- Place the loose tea into a warmed teapot.
- Bring the water to the boil and pour over the tea, cover and leave to stand for 5 mins.
- Strain into a bowl and leave until completely cold.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until thick and creamy in color.
- Slowly add the tea, beating all the time.
- Whip the cream to soft peak stage then fold into the tea mixture.
- Pour into a large bowl and freeze for 3 hours, beating once during freezing time and at this point swirl the jam through the ice cream.
- Return to the freezer and allow to set.
- Serve with sweet biscuits.