Making the perfect dish
Tea isn't just for sipping. Look beyond the cup, and you'll discover a host of new ideas to infuse your cooking with your favourite Twinings blends.
Breads & SconesFruit LoafFatless Tea BreadHoney Tea BreadFruit Tea BrackTea SconesBanana Tea Muffins
Entrees, Appetizers & SaladsDarjeeling Prunes In BaconIndian KidneysBrewed Lamb CasseroleRaw Fish Salad With Darjeeling Tea, MarinatedSteamed Savoury RiceCamomile and Chive MousseWild Rice Consomme With Earl GreyTea-Steeped Eggs
Sweets & DessertsTwinings Lady Grey CookiesTwinings Holiday Tea Shortbread CookiesFruit Berry MaltedBlackcurrant Tea MousseBlackcurrant Ice CreamEarl Grey Ice CreamEarl Grey CreamsMrs. Twining's Tea GelatineApricot Tea MousseTea Ice Cream
Blackcurrant Tea Mousse
Twinings Tea: Blackcurrant
- 8 oz. fresh or frozen Blackcurrants
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 sachet gelatine
- 1/2 pint Blackcurrant tea
- 4 eggs separated
- 4 oz. sugar
- Whipped cream and mint leaves to decorate
- Cook the Blackcurrants with water until soft enough to sieve. This should give 1/4 pint puree.
- Dissolve the gelatine in the hot tea and allow to cool, stirring from time to time.
- Whisk the egg yolks, sugar and Blackcurrant puree together until very stiff. Whisk in the gelatine tea mixture.
- Turn into the serving dish and place in the refrigerator until set.
- Decorate with whipped cream and mint leaves.