Making the perfect dish
Tea isn't just for sipping. Look beyond the cup, and you'll discover a host of new ideas to infuse your cooking with your favourite Twinings blends.
Breads & SconesFruit LoafFatless Tea BreadHoney Tea BreadFruit Tea BrackTea SconesBanana Tea Muffins
Entrees, Appetizers & SaladsDarjeeling Prunes In BaconIndian KidneysBrewed Lamb CasseroleRaw Fish Salad With Darjeeling Tea, MarinatedSteamed Savoury RiceCamomile and Chive MousseWild Rice Consomme With Earl GreyTea-Steeped Eggs
Sweets & DessertsTwinings Lady Grey CookiesTwinings Holiday Tea Shortbread CookiesFruit Berry MaltedBlackcurrant Tea MousseBlackcurrant Ice CreamEarl Grey Ice CreamEarl Grey CreamsMrs. Twining's Tea GelatineApricot Tea MousseTea Ice Cream
Earl Grey Ice Cream
Twinings Tea: Earl Grey
- 20ml Earl Grey tea
- 125ml boiling water
- 500ml milk
- few drops vanilla essence
- 4 eggs
- 150g caster sugar
- 250ml double cream - whipped
- Infuse tea in boiling water for 10 minutes, then strain.
- Bring the milk to the boil, add the vanilla essence and tea liquor.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until smooth and add the milky tea.
- Place in a bowl over boiling water and stir until the mixture thickens.
- Strain and allow to cool.
- Fold in the whipped cream when cold and place container in freezer.
- When almost frozen re-whip mixture and return to freezer until final frozen stage is reached.