Making the perfect dish
Tea isn't just for sipping. Look beyond the cup, and you'll discover a host of new ideas to infuse your cooking with your favourite Twinings blends.
Breads & SconesFruit LoafFatless Tea BreadHoney Tea BreadFruit Tea BrackTea SconesBanana Tea Muffins
Entrees, Appetizers & SaladsDarjeeling Prunes In BaconIndian KidneysBrewed Lamb CasseroleRaw Fish Salad With Darjeeling Tea, MarinatedSteamed Savoury RiceCamomile and Chive MousseWild Rice Consomme With Earl GreyTea-Steeped Eggs
Sweets & DessertsTwinings Lady Grey CookiesTwinings Holiday Tea Shortbread CookiesFruit Berry MaltedBlackcurrant Tea MousseBlackcurrant Ice CreamEarl Grey Ice CreamEarl Grey CreamsMrs. Twining's Tea GelatineApricot Tea MousseTea Ice Cream
Twinings Tea: Darjeeling
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 8 lamb kidneys
- 1 tbsp. seasoned flour
- 1/2 pt. cold Darjeeling tea
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp. fresh mixed herbs, chopped
- 1/4 pt. double cream
- Steep tea in hot water for 3-5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the onion until transparent. Add the bacon pieces and saute for 5 mins.
- Remove the core from the kidneys, wash and dry on kitchen paper. Coat the kidneys with seasoned flour, add to the onion and bacon mixture. Saute for 5 mins.
- Add tea, bring to the boil, season with salt and pepper to taste, add mushrooms and herbs.
- Cover and cook for 20 mins.
- Just before serving, stir in cream, heat mixture through but do not allow to boil. Serve with rice.