Making the perfect dish
Tea isn't just for sipping. Look beyond the cup, and you'll discover a host of new ideas to infuse your cooking with your favourite Twinings blends.
Breads & SconesFruit LoafFatless Tea BreadHoney Tea BreadFruit Tea BrackTea SconesBanana Tea Muffins
Entrees, Appetizers & SaladsDarjeeling Prunes In BaconIndian KidneysBrewed Lamb CasseroleRaw Fish Salad With Darjeeling Tea, MarinatedSteamed Savoury RiceCamomile and Chive MousseWild Rice Consomme With Earl GreyTea-Steeped Eggs
Sweets & DessertsTwinings Lady Grey CookiesTwinings Holiday Tea Shortbread CookiesFruit Berry MaltedBlackcurrant Tea MousseBlackcurrant Ice CreamEarl Grey Ice CreamEarl Grey CreamsMrs. Twining's Tea GelatineApricot Tea MousseTea Ice Cream
Twinings Tea: English Breakfast
- 8 oz. self raising flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 oz. sugar
- 1/4 pt. cold tea
- 1 oz. butter
- 4 oz. candied peel
- Steep tea in hot water for 3-5 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Mix flour, salt and sugar in a bowl.
- Add the tea, then add butter and candied peel and knead into a soft dough.
- Shape into a round on a greased and floured baking sheet.
- Mark into 8 triangles with a knife and bake for 20 minutes at 375° F until crisp and golden.
- Break into triangles and serve warm with butter.