Making the perfect dish
Tea isn't just for sipping. Look beyond the cup, and you'll discover a host of new ideas to infuse your cooking with your favourite Twinings blends.
Breads & SconesFruit LoafFatless Tea BreadHoney Tea BreadFruit Tea BrackTea SconesBanana Tea Muffins
Entrees, Appetizers & SaladsDarjeeling Prunes In BaconIndian KidneysBrewed Lamb CasseroleRaw Fish Salad With Darjeeling Tea, MarinatedSteamed Savoury RiceCamomile and Chive MousseWild Rice Consomme With Earl GreyTea-Steeped Eggs
Sweets & DessertsTwinings Lady Grey CookiesTwinings Holiday Tea Shortbread CookiesFruit Berry MaltedBlackcurrant Tea MousseBlackcurrant Ice CreamEarl Grey Ice CreamEarl Grey CreamsMrs. Twining's Tea GelatineApricot Tea MousseTea Ice Cream
Twinings Lady Grey Cookies
Twinings Tea: Lady Grey
Makes approximately 16 cookies.
- 1/4 Lb (4oz stick) Butter
- 1/2 cup (4oz) Sugar
- 4 Tbsp (1/4 cup) water
- 4 Lady Grey teabags
- One Large Egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Lemon zest (grated lemon peel)
- Mix (by creaming) Butter and Sugar until light in color
- Blend in egg and zest until completely incorporated.
- Add Lady Grey concentrate: Place the Lady Grey teabags in a teacup and cover with a 1/4 cup of water, freshly heated to the boil. Brew for 3 minutes, remove teabags remaining tea concentrate should equal about1 Tablespoon. If not squeeze a little more out of teabags.
- Add flour gradually until dough is formed.
- Cover and refrigerate 6 to 12 hours.
- Work cold dough (on a floured board or pastry cloth) shaping into a long 1 1/2 inch diameter stick of dough. Slice into 1/2 inch thick pieces.
- Place pieces on a clean cookie sheet pan
- Bake at 350° F for 12 to 15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven, and let cool.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar