Making the perfect dish
Tea isn't just for sipping. Look beyond the cup, and you'll discover a host of new ideas to infuse your cooking with your favourite Twinings blends.
Breads & SconesFruit LoafFatless Tea BreadHoney Tea BreadFruit Tea BrackTea SconesBanana Tea Muffins
Entrees, Appetizers & SaladsDarjeeling Prunes In BaconIndian KidneysBrewed Lamb CasseroleRaw Fish Salad With Darjeeling Tea, MarinatedSteamed Savoury RiceCamomile and Chive MousseWild Rice Consomme With Earl GreyTea-Steeped Eggs
Sweets & DessertsTwinings Lady Grey CookiesTwinings Holiday Tea Shortbread CookiesFruit Berry MaltedBlackcurrant Tea MousseBlackcurrant Ice CreamEarl Grey Ice CreamEarl Grey CreamsMrs. Twining's Tea GelatineApricot Tea MousseTea Ice Cream
Wild Rice Consomme With Earl Grey
Twinings Tea: Earl Grey
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 sm. carrot, peeled and finely cubed
- 1 sm. onion, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, cut into fine rings
- 5 Earl Grey tea bags
- Dry roast the sesame seeds until they are lightly golden. Be careful not to burn them.
- Cook the wild rice as per instructions but substitute the chicken stock for water and 1 teabag.
- Place carrot, onion and spring onion in a pan and cover with 1/2 cup of water and 1 teabag and gently simmer until the vegetables are just tender. Drain and keep warm.
- Make a pot of tea using 6 cups of water and the remaining 3 teabags.
- In warm soup bowls, place 2tbsp of the mixed vegetables and pour 1 1/2 cups of hot tea over each bowl. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.