|8 tea bags||Twinings® Tea Bags|
|32 oz||Freshly-Boiled Water|
|1||Quart Sized Container|
|¾ cup||Sugar (Optional)|
Simple Steps to make a refreshing iced tea using our finest teas.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes (+ 30 minutes chilling time)
- Serves: 2
- Bring 32 oz of water to a gentle boil
- Place 8 tea bags of your favourite Twinings tea into a heat-proof pitcher or large bowl.
- Pour boiling water into pitcher and let the tea steep for 5 minutes.
- Don't over-steep. 5 minutes is plenty of time, then discard your tea bags. Over-steeping can make for bitter tea
- Don't add raw sugar into a chilled iced tea. Always add sweetener while your tea is steaming so it dissolves fully.
- Remove and discard tea bags, let tea cool to room temperature. Do not put hot tea in the fridge - it will make it cloudy.
- For basic tea; Calculate 2 tea bags per one cup of water (to keep flavour when ice dilutes).
- If desired, add ice and aromatics like lemon, orange peel, peach, nectarine or mint right before serving.
- For sweet tea; combine ¾ cup sugar (or more if you really like it sweet), stirring thoroughly before serving.