|4 tea bags||Twinings® Earl Grey Tea|
|2/3 cup||Granulated sugar|
|2 cups||Cake-and-Pastry Flour|
|1 cup||Unsalted Butter|
|1 tsp||Vanilla Extract|
These buttery, melt-in-your-mouth shortbread cookies are accented with aromatic Twinings Early Grey for a lovely sweet treat that’s perfect for sharing.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes (+ 30 minutes chilling time)
- Makes: 32 cookies
- Remove tea from teabags; place in small food processor with sugar; pulse until finely ground. Set aside.
- Stir together flour, cornstarch and salt until combined; set aside. Using electric mixer, beat butter with 1/2 cup Earl Grey mixture until light and fluffy. Add flour mixture and vanilla; beat on low just until dough comes together.
- Divide dough into two portions; shape each portion into disk. Wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. On lightly floured surface, roll out 1 portion of dough into 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into 2-inch squares. Place on parchment paper–lined baking sheets, spacing at least 2 inches apart. With fork, prick tops of each cookie twice, all the way through. Refrigerate cookies for at least 10 minutes or until slightly firm. Sprinkle remaining Earl Grey mixture evenly over top.
- Bake, in batches, for 12 to 15 minutes or until cookies are pale golden on the bottom. Let cool completely on rack.
Tip: Alternatively, use 2-inch round cookie cutter to cut shortbread into round cookies, rerolling scraps once.