|4 tea bags||Twinings® Pure Rooibos Red Tea|
|1 cup||Freshly-Boiled Water|
|½ tsp||Sea Salt|
|½ tsp||Granulated Sugar|
|3||Lime Wedges, Divided|
|1 cup||Watermelon, Chopped|
|¼ cup||Lime Juice|
|2 tbsp||Agave Syrup|
|2 cups||Ice Cubes|
This tea-based frozen margarita is a smooth and refreshing cocktail to beat the summer heat.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes (+ 30 minutes cooling time)
- Serves: 2
- Pour 1 cup (250 mL) freshly boiled water over tea bags; let steep for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove tea bags; let cool slightly, then refrigerate until cold.
- Combine salt and sugar in shallow dish. Moisten rim of 2 margarita glasses or lowball glasses with 1 lime wedge; dip into salt-sugar mixture.
- In blender, mix together chilled tea, watermelon, tequila, lime juice, agave syrup and ice until smooth. Pour into prepared glasses. Garnish with remaining lime wedges.
- Silver and gold tequila work equally well in this cocktail.
- Add 2 tbsp (30 mL) Cointreau or other orange-flavoured liqueur for a citrusy accent and extra sweetness.